Sunday, May 18, 2008

DIL; introductory workshop

the digital information literacy issues the things you would like to work on -

in the first workshop; what happened was introductions a movie a discussion and the DIL survey

I was interested to meet the other staff and students taking part in the project some of whom I already knew and/or work with. As I expected there is so much potential to learn from each other and to collaborate on.

We recorded the introductions and discussion with a digital mp3 recorder and then when I tried importing this into audacity I had no time to download the free software lame to be able to convert the MP3 recording into wave format and export this out as mp3. Because some were sitting at some distance from the recorder there is a variation in quality of the recording. Listening back to it during the editing process it is surprising how much you forget.

My goals for the next workshop;
Explore the relationship between audio formats and file size and recording quality, offer any assistance to others.

My Goals in the project overall.
1)As I have to deliver an online digital presentation as part of the requirement of DFLP. and I will be hoping to learn how to create a "movie "presentation using audio along with either a powerpoint presentation or screencast.Create a either with powerpoint or with Slideshare + audio = screencasts

2) I want learn more about the digital recorder i.e.optimum recording levels, exporting with different size mp3 files to learn some more about the open source audio editor and what if any exporting options there are

3) Convert and upload various size audio recordings into blip tv and internet archive
publish audio online. Hyperlink archive files in wikieducator or by podcasts and stream audio

4) In addition I want to learn more about educational audio for learning support class materials for students with a mobility hearing and visual disability

1 comment:

Sarah Stewart said...

I shall be interested in your work as well. Whilst my focus is video, I will also be pleased to hear what you learn about audio.