Monday, May 26, 2008

Practice: inserting a widget ;confusion frustration - where is this leading?

I think there is definitely some point or thingy i am missing
I am confused because the help page tutorial in the wikieducator explained that upon placing a widget (link) to a video I have edited in a (collaborative ) wikieducator -Kaltura software programme which is collaborative video programme hosted in wikieducator) in an article (weblog post? or wikieducator page). http://susamellis.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/wikieducator-and-kaltura-open-source-editor/
Going back repeatedly has not helped my understanding yet!
an article refers to a wikieducator page- whats the use of that.
I'm Still confused so back to the tutorial.... and to the post in my other blog in wordpress.
On the kaltura link to the wikieducator paper (talk about electronic trials . . .I mean trails). And getting my my wires crossed until I can grasp the basics that is. I think from having visited this link to the wikieducator page and noted the 4 video plugins which are presently undergoing development, I now realise the kaltura video editor is proprietry one. I also noted there is a plugin for kaltura widgets (?) to be embeded into wordpress blogs which is right about now under construction at present so i will watch that space.
And now while the clarity lasts I want to visit some other options like the google groups mentioned in my last post. There is google docs that I want to see whether I can upload some audio and video into this and circulate this in the google DIL email group. I am aware that it too is undergoing construction. I must remember this next time I feel somewhat vague and nebulous about how exactly to use the digital tools.
as well as this I must also learn by confining myself to the wikieducator as there are unanswered questions I have about linking audio to a wikieducator article. simply that until the designers have come up with a small exclusive selection of plugins what but use is that! Don't know - yet

2 comments:

Ido Setter said...

Hi Susan, Ido from the Kaltura team here. I ran into your blog and was sorry to find out you had difficulties with our product - would love to try and work them out. Can you please tell me exactly what kind of problem you were having?
Thanks,

Ido
ido.setter@kaltura.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.