Tuesday, June 17, 2008

here my goal posts


I've used a diagram as a structure to reflect on my goals that I set. Because my goals were things I was already doing and the researchers required that I identify goals and set about to achieve some definite outcome, I use the metaphor of a goal post to reflect on how far I have come in relation to what i set out to achieve. Secondly I realise I need to organise two agendas (mine and theirs) - clearly I need to organise these as two outputs.

Arena 1 Research
The Digital Literacy Information research design asks me to use a reflective structure to represent my individual goals and document the trial and error (practice) evaluating (softwares) digital audio/multimedia/online research and digital milestones progress toward achieving these.... then theres the other thread -publish this process in this blog. . . .

Arena 2 Training and Course Design
plan of a flexible learning design - including creating multimedia online course materials. Due on 20.06.08. The DFLP assessment schedule is very comprehensive and my plan is in a formative phase. It apparent I am undergoing an openended training reigime that is if I reflect on all the the different areas I am working on. Right now in order to post this I will need to either use a digital camera (one that I have not used before) upload some proprietry software to format this into to a jpg to upload to blogger....or redraw the diagram I have drawn on a whiteboard on paper in order to scan this, edit and embed this into this page. I am fortunate that there is often an opportunity to ask a question or three because I am working in an openplan office with Bronwyn and Leigh and Will all who have had vast experience applying these tools. Or alternatively I can muddle along muddying the waters and get a minimum amount of success for a maximim amount of time.
I used the camera and it turned out to be an ok option.

I attended a Social networking conference last week in Dunedin. I recorded some of the presentations and uploaded some audio recorded of Sarah Stewart to blip.tv we are both interested in learning how to embed this onto a slide share presentation.

No comments: